Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July weekend



We had a great 4th of July in Cascade. Dusty's grandparents have a house up there and we couldn't have asked for a better weekend. We left Thursday night and grandma had a great home cooked spagetti dinner waiting for us. She does everything from scratch so it was extra good. Then Friday, Dusty got up early to go fishing with his dad and I stayed and enjoyed a nice run up in the mountains. Something about getting away from the normal running route really uplifts me. I probably looked hilarious because I took my mother-in-laws yellow lab who led the way, Kade in his stroller was throwing rocks off his tray, and our minature weenier dog brought up the rear. This was the first time he went running with me and I have to say, even though he's got short legs, he can run. We went 4miles and he stayed right behind me, of course, he slept the rest of the day, but he did it. Friday night Dusty and I left Kade with nana and papa and we enjoyed the fireworks over lake cascade with some friends. Saturday we went riding our dirt bikes and Dusty had a pretty bad fall down the hill. He has a bruise from his butt up to his neck and is pretty sore. At least he got hurt having fun, instead of me, who gets hurt by tripping over the curb. We had another firework show Saturday night by Dusty's uncle. I am sure what he does is not legal but a very good show none the less. We came home tired Sunday but really enjoyed spending time with Dusty's family.

No comments: